We asked and you delivered! we asked our social media followers one very important question:
what’s the best burger in the Dripping Springs area?
From charcoal-grilled classics, unique spins, to plenty of cheeseburgers, and everything in between, here are the top 10 most iconic restaurants that are serving up the best burgers in Dripping Springs, TX in no particular order!
As with all businesses right now, be sure to call ahead to make sure each restaurant is still open or if there are updates on current offerings and service models, as things are changing all the time. Of course, make sure to wear a mask, tip well, and, if you’re ordering delivery, try to order directly from the restaurant themselves.
1. Lono’s Southern Cooking – a food trailer located at 290 and Canyonwood Drive. Out of that trailer comes some delicious southern cooking and Keto cuisine. Lono’s is known for their famous Holiday House, flame kissed hamburgers. Take-out or dine at the onsite picnic tables. *Dripping Springs location temporarily closed.
2. Hays City Store – Hays City Store first opened in the early ’80’s as a gas station and convenience store and re-opened in 2015 as a full-service restaurant and bar featuring scratch-made Texas comfort food. Hays City Store Burgers are ground and formed in-house, served on a toasted bun from New World Bakery in Kyle. Call in and take your burger order to go or enjoy it with a margarita beneath the shade of the giant oak in Hays City’s outdoor patio.
3. Hill Country Ranch Pizzeria – Don’t be fooled by the name, Hill Country Ranch Pizzeria has been voted the best burger in Dripping Springs by residents for several years. These burgers are served with a third pound seasoned patty on a toasted white or wheat bun with bottomless fries. Gluten free buns available too. Dine in or order online on their website.
4. Route 12 Filling Station – You can find a variety of burgers at Route 12. They have everything from a classic cheeseburger, to a bacon cheddar burger and even a swiss mushroom burger. Place an online order on their website or dine-in indoors or on their spacious patio overlooking the kiddie area.
5. West Henly Boil Shack – Most notably known for its Cajun inspired dishes, the West Henly Boil Shack, out west 290, grills up some delicious burgers in either a single or double. Burgers comes with your choice of Voodoo chips or you can sub for Cajun seasoned French fries. Enjoy in-house dining and or order online for takeout.
6. Oak Creek Café
is truly a local joint and located in a very convenient location on Highway 290 just west of Mercer Street. Oak Creek Café specializes in made-to-order Angus beef burgers and crinkle-cut fries. Call in orders and dine-in service.
7. Homespun Kitchen & Bar
– for a decadent burger, head to Homespun Kitchen & Bar. Their steak burger is third pound fresh ground USDA prime ribeye and NY strip steak ground in house daily and topped with cheddar cheese and served with fries. Order online or make a reservation online to dine-in.